Friday, October 2, 2009

LAKE ERIE LIVING MAGAZINE, The Sea Glass Festival, and little ole me.


This year has been flying by and I've been feeling pulled in so many directions that my brain is just about to go on the fritz and over load. Whew! It is almost over! All though I am looking forward to the sea glass festival, I will be relieved when it is over and I'll be able to relax some more. I'm sure all the other glassers out there are feeling the same way. It's nerve racking but at the same time so very exciting to be pariticpating in this huge festival.

I was interviewed several months ago by Lake Erie Living Magazine and then photographed for the magazine at the beach in Geneva, Ohio. My hands seemed to be what made the article but the article turned out very well done. When I saw that the article had hit the stands, my anxiety level went up slightly as I am realizing that the festival will be here in TWO weekds! Yes! Two weeks! Ahhhh!

I have so much work to do! I still need to create more pieces for the festival and booth design? I have NO idea what I'm going to do for that yet. I suppose I need to set a mock up and tweak. My husband will be thrilled when he comes home to see the mock up all set in the family room. Oh well, it must be done!

I also don't want to neglect my gallery owners and need to give them both a little love and attention. Kada gallery in Erie has an upcoming gallery night on October the 9th so I will focus on them first. Hopefully I can get some new desings in there of which I also plan on presenting at the festival. Kada is an awesome gallery for Erie. Joe and Kathy D'Angelo are some of the kindest people I've ever met and they really do care about their artists.

So, in retrospect I guess I need to get off the computer and start working on more jewelry! :0)

2 comments:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

A good idea on booth design is to go to some shows and see what booth designs work and which ones don't. It's a good idea to have large images of your jewelry hanging on the walls of your booth (so people can see what you make from a distance.)

From Rags To Bags said...

Just thought I would let you know I love your blog and gave you a mention on the following blog ....

http://lafeshiddentreasures.blogspot.com/search/label/spotlight

Regards

Alison