Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lake Erie Beach Glass presnte~LOVE AT TWILIGHT


Pink sea glass is so very delicate and pretty looking! Much of this color of sea glass comes from old depression glass. Some are pale while others are brighter and may even take on a peachier color. When I found this piece I really started thinking about the depression era, our economy now, and that movie, TWILIGHT! This piece is a mixture of those thoughts.


I cut a piece of sterling silver, shaped it, sanded it, and stamped it with the words love several different times. I added a swirl bail on the back and antiqued it. I strung it on 18" of sterling chain that I antiqued to match and gave it a handmade clasp. Thus, old meets new! I love how it turned out and I think I'll be making some more of these in the near future!



You can find this piece for sale in my etsy store here. :0)

No comments: