Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Melt Down Produces Beaches Open for Beachcombing!

Yesterday, Monday January 28th, 2013 produced rain and a warming trend that I suspected was melting the snow dunes down at the local beaches almost as fast as an ice cream cone under a heat lamp!  So, at about 4:30 pm I decided to venture out to one of our public beaches that was close to my home.  This is what Manchester Beach looked like at that time!
I must admit that I was PLEASANTLY surprised to see that a nice wide patch of pebbles had been exposed and I saw NO signs of footprints.  Could it really be that I was the first one to realize the effect of the melt down?  Probably not, but I would like to have thought so.  I DID find glass here! I couldn't believe it!  What a rare thing to find beach glass in late January and all while listening to thunder roll in the background.  Needless to say, I didn't find anyting too exciting at this beach but that gratification of finding any glass at all was satisfying.  Here are my finds from passenger seat of my van as I left for home to share my treasures.

My husband reminded me that Tuesday was going to be even warmer.  "Are you kidding me?!" I said out loud but actually meant to keep that inside of my head.  I announced that we were going beachcombing that very next day.  And so we did!  East Side Erie, Here we come!  This beach was melting fast and it so happens that there is a run off that you MUST be careful beachcombing around. 


However, our efforts did not go for want!  We BOTH found beautiful pieces that really made the trip worthwhile.  Some notable pieces are the UV colors, the dark greens and olives, the gorgeous greys, the lavender, a yellow, several little blues, a flashed piece of opaque white on clear, and SCORE! two light bulb insulator pieces! 


So, maybe 2013 will be the year for finding awesome pieces of beach glass!
LEbg Jodie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Custom glass product manufacturer. One Day Glass prides itself on the high quality craftsmen and the latest technology in order to produce the glass you need. If you have a project ranging from shower doors, tabletops, fireplace glass, or more, we have the ability to create it and ship out most orders within 24 hours!