Friday, May 30, 2008

Faceted Sea Glass Beads, Handles, Stoppers, and Figurines!

There are some pieces of Sea Glass that the avid collector will cherish! These are a few that I hold dear to my heart. It is so exciting to walk the local beaches and collect sea glass then come across a faceted glass bead, a handle to a mug, a stopper to an apothacary jar, perfume bottle, or decanter, or to find a face to a figurine. All of these items at one time were intact and had a useful purpose. When their purpose was fulfilled, they were tossed out where the water could find it, reshape them and give them texture then throw them right back at us as little gems. Here are a few of my little special gems!

Photobucket
Faceted Glass Beads


Photobucket
More Faceted Glass Beads


Photobucket
Faces of Figurines. Is that Washington or Bach?


Photobucket
My Favorite Little Perfume Bottle Stopper!


Photobucket
Other Stoppers and Handles!

3 comments:

Jane Pierce aka zJayne said...

This is going to be such a cool blog! LOOK at that faceted RED piece...oh-a-my-a-gosh. What a find!

I thoroughly enjoy seeing and learning about these. I have not been to the lake yet this year to hunt and miss it immensely.

Thanks for sharing these, and your beautiful jewelry on Etsy!

~waving,
zJayne
www.zJayne.etsy.com

LazyTcrochet said...

It's amazing that you've found all these! So cool.

Leola - Southshoreartist said...

Wow, who knew you could find such neat things. I wish I lived near there. It would be such fun. I love your stuff :) (southshoreartist)